Hiring Organization / Company: Oliver Bonas
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
Shift Pattern: Sunday to Thursday (Sunday: 8:00 - 16:00 & Monday - Thursday: 06:45 - 14:45)
What we're looking for
We want an experienced Warehouse Assistant to join our expanding picking team and be part of our continued growth.
In your role, you will be responsible for picking, packaging fragile stock, moving items from bin to bin and receiving stock in the goods in area.
You will be in regular contact with several departments across the business to ensure a smooth warehouse operation.
You will be reporting to and working collaboratively with the picking team leader, experience with working in a team is essential as well as the ability to work on your own initiative.
We operate a rota system during peak trading (November and December) and open 7 days a week, so you will need to be able to work varied shifts and weekends when required by the business.
What you'll be doing
- Accurately pick store replenishment orders from scanners
- Preparing and packing the orders in the appropriate bays in the warehouse ready for delivery
- Ensuring that all stock leaving the warehouse is accurate and has been documented accordingly
- Preparing, packing and wrapping items ready for dispatch
- Assisting with loading the picked goods onto the delivery vehicle
- Ensuring that the picking aisles are cleaned at the end of each day in preparation for the next day
- Replenishing product stock levels from the daily warehouse deliveries, placing each item in the correct bay to ensure picking accuracy
- Ensuring all breakages are reported, following the correct procedure
- Receiving stock on a weekly basis and ensure stock levels are accurate within the warehouse
- Ensuring that stock received is counted accurately and checked for damages
- Putting stock away when needed
- Keeping a safe and clean working environment at all times
- Assisting with ad-hoc admin duties within the department warehouse
- Keeping walkways and warehouse fire exit routes clear from obstructions
- Adhering to all health and safety regulations within the warehouse
Key skills needed
- A flexi Forklift licence would be advantageous
- Must be conscientious with the ability to work under pressure
- Comfortable working with handheld scanners and in- house warehouse systems
- Focus on diligence and accuracy
- A team player with the flexibility to work on different shift rotas
- Ability to perform the same task on a daily basis while striving to maintain a high standard at all times
Equality, Diversity & Inclusion at OB
At Oliver Bonas, our promise is to do our bit to make living a joyful experience and give cause for optimism. This promise is central to our work in equality, diversity and inclusion (EDI). To bring joy to others, we must first ensure everyone at OB feels valued, included and most importantly, can be themselves at work.
At company level, we have set out our approach to EDI with our Leadership team, who are committed to leading on all our initiatives and conveying that message across the business. We empower our managers to promote a sense of belonging within their teams. We also expect everyone at OB to value and look out for each other by always being considerate and mindful of others.
To read more about commitments head over to our EDI page on our website https://www.oliverbonas.com/meet-the-team/diversity
If you're interested in applying, click Apply to complete a short application form and upload a copy of your CV.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £18,382.00 per year
- Employee discount
- On-site parking
- 8 hour shift
Job Location Information:
Date Posted: 2021-09-15
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you’re not kidding approximately searching for Jobs, you’ll agree that it is among the toughest jobs at the moment. Most often, you are going to don’t have any clue the place or what to look for within the job market. The good thing is that you’re not alone. There are a few other people available in the market who are jobless such as you. Discovering a job even in a business center can also be easy if you recognize the place to start out. Before you start your job looking procedure, listed here are guidelines that can assist you in finding your dream job.
1. Job Centers
Job firms are a fantastic and usually lost sight of hots pot for finding Jobs. Job firms often supply important training, property, and programs for task seekers. Those firms will also be particularly useful for younger job seekers or those with little running revel in. A easy Web test for job firms to your areaought to uncover where and the best way to get to them.
2. Temporal companies
Many companies make a choice to have their positions dispatched by means of temporal agencies. The top goal for that may be to economize on representative advantages like healthcare. Temporally businesses likewise supply firms the way of screening applicants. Employment services and products can usually be a quicker and less daunting job than finding direct employment. An employment company might likewise change into into a long lasting job for the individuals who carry out well throughout their running.
3. Free job look services and products
This is a waste of money while money is now tight within the first place. After all, the cash you pay for job finding websites is imposed deductible in case you are on a job. It is smarter to use the money to pay for expenses.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.