Hiring Organization / Company: Ocado Group
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
As a transcriber you will provide transcription support to the People Partners and People Advisors on a day to day basis. You will be accountable for creating written versions of audio or video recordings, meetings, and conversations.
This job involves listening to audio and translating it into long-form text, reviewing drafts of written transcriptions, and liaising with the people team and managers to make sure they're happy with the final documents.
You will be home based. You will usually work during regular business hours however hours can be flexible to fit around your lifestyle.
This job is well suited to people who are detail oriented, have excellent writing and listening skills, and can communicate well with stakeholders, both verbally and over email.
You will have the ability to manage a number of tasks at the same time, work well under pressure and prioritise work appropriately. The ability to demonstrate the Ocado values and develop new ways of working where appropriate is essential.
- We have 3, 6 months fixed term contracts available.
- All positions are home based
- A wide range of working patterns are available and part time working will be considered, such as afternoon and evening shifts only.
We will ask on application, if you are looking for full time, part time, what hours you can work and whether you can support any evening and weekend shifts.
What will you be doing?
- You will listen to recorded dictations to interpret and transcribe them, translating any industry-specific jargon into long-form text, such as medical terminology or legal terms.
- A key part of this job is to spot any inaccuracies and errors, and to add in missing information within the final report.
- Once the work is complete, transcribers send it to the people team/manager for their review. If they have any edits, transcribers will carry out the additional work for final approval.
- A key part of this role is to follow confidentiality guidelines.
- Liaise with the ER team to ensure prioritisation of tasks
- Ensure the people dashboard / KPI report is updated
- Manage all notes taken adding to electronic files, ensuring compliance with Data Protection and GDPR regulations
- Good Listening skills – you need to listen carefully to audio recordings and interpret them appropriately
- Time management – you must work quickly but efficiently, keeping tight deadlines, multitask and manage your time effectively
- Discretion – you will be transcribing confidential audio, therefore a professional and discreet manner is essential.
- Computer skills – word-processing software and audio players are tools that are regularly used along with google, so applicants for this role will need to be comfortable using computers and different types of programs
- Typing speed of at least 80+ words per minute
- Detail oriented – you will need to spot inaccuracies and inconsistencies in final drafts, so attention to detail is key to being successful in this job
- Writing skills – in order to create accurate transcripts, you will need to have a good understanding of the English language and grammar
Ocado Group is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employees are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
For more reasons to apply, please visit: Working at Ocado Group, Diversity & Inclusion at Ocado Group, Core Pillars
About Ocado Group
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we're a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry also means transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we're looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. All Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday, 15% discount on your weekly ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and family friendly offers.
Job Location Information:
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you’re not kidding approximately in search of Jobs, you will agree that it is one of the hardest jobs these days. Most often, you’re going to have no clue where or what to search for in the job market. The great factor is that you are not by yourself. There are a few folks out there who are jobless like you. Discovering a job even in a commercial center may also be simple if you know the place to start out. Before you start your job looking procedure, listed here are guidelines that can assist you in finding your dream job.
1. Job Facilities
Job corporations are an out of this world and recurrently lost sight of hots pot for finding Jobs. Job firms often supply vital training, belongings, and methods for job seekers. These companies may also be particularly helpful for younger job seekers or the ones with little operating enjoy. A simple Internet test for job firms on your areashould discover where and how one can get to them.
2. Temporal agencies
Many companies make a choice to have their positions dispatched by temporal agencies. The top objective for that is to save money on representative advantages like healthcare. Temporally businesses likewise provide companies the way of screening applicants. Employment products and services can repeatedly be a sooner and less daunting job than discovering direct employment. An employment company might likewise transform into an enduring task for the individuals who perform smartly throughout their operating.
3. Free job look products and services
This is a waste of money while cash is now tight within the first place. After all, the money you pay for job searching web sites is imposed deductible if you’re on a job. It is smarter to use the cash to pay for bills.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.