Hiring Organization / Company: Look Ahead Housing And Care
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
Recruiting for 3 Support Workers to join our Young People and Care Leavers in Ealing!
GBP 22,568 working 40 hours per week, plus 25 days Annual Leave, Pension schemes, Staff discounts, healthcare and more.
Minster House is a specialist semi-independent service for young people in and leaving care aged 16-21. The service provides a high level of support to young people with a variety of complex needs. The service is staffed 24/7 by a team of enthusiastic and caring support workers. The service aims to support young people to manage and address their various support needs and risks whilst also supporting young people to learn basic life skills and be ready to live independently.
We are currently looking for 1 Support Worker at Minster House and 2 Support Workers at Horn Lane.
Support Workers to provide support to customers who are in the care sector and are in the process of gaining independent skills to be able to move on and live independently.
To help the customers to develop the life skills they require to meet the assessed needs of the customers of the service.
Support Workers will work with customers to promote social inclusion and alongside other members of the team to promote independent living, encouraging customers to maximise their skills and choices.
- Building supportive, trusting relationships with customers
- Working proactively with other members of the team to handle the service caseload and administrative responsibilities
- Supporting key customers to set personalised goals in the form of a Support Plan
- Conducting regular key work sessions that are innovative and engaging in order to achieve Support Plan goals
- Ensuring ongoing assessment and management of risks associated with customers within an attitude of ‘positive risk taking’
- Proactively manage risk and safety both in and outside of their physical living environment
- Providing support with daily living activities, including practical assistance where skills are not yet developed, to ensure that customers enjoy a high quality of accommodation
- Proactive development of links with local statutory and voluntary organisations to provide a range of engagement opportunities for customers in the community
- Involving customers in the design, development and delivery of the service
- Empowering customers to ensure they receive the service and benefits they are entitled to
- Encouraging and enabling tenants to pay their rent and ensure that rent accounts are managed effectively
- Ensuring Look Ahead Health and Safety policies are adhered to at all time and to uphold all health and safety responsibilities within relevant policies and local protocols
- Adhering to all other Look Ahead’s policies and procedures
- Engaging in learning and development activity to increase knowledge and skills
- Day to day instruction/ supervision of Assistant Support Workers/domestic staff/ Personal Support Assistants where appropriate
- Undertaking any other duties consistent with the grade and nature of the post as assigned by the Team Leader/ Manager
This is not an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that may be required from time to time and is subject to change in accordance with the needs of Look Ahead
- Enjoys social interaction and the company of others, joins in local activities to encourage customer involvement
- Approachable and open behaviour
- Prefers working as part of a group or team
- Is fundamentally calm and resilient, does not let emotion adversely affect them or obscure their judgement
- Has a practical and logical mind and is naturally well organised
- Open to feedback and self development
- Thrives on change and enjoys dynamic diverse environments
- Is confident with high levels of self-esteem
- Is respectful, articulate and sensitive in style of communication
- Is essentially customer–focused
- Is motivated towards excellence and improvement of personal performance with a can do attitude
- Ability to cope positively with challenging and diverse behaviours
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- NVQ Level 3 or equivalent experience in the social care/charity sector
- Experience working with Care Leavers
If your application for this role is unsuccessful, but we feel that you would be suitable for another role, we may contact you to discuss alternative opportunities. If this occurs you would not need to submit another application for the alternative role.
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we are able to appoint to the vacancy before the advertised closed date.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion at work and are accredited with the Inclusive Employers Standard 2020. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds.
Job Location Information:
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you’re not kidding about in search of Jobs, you are going to agree that it is among the hardest jobs this present day. Normally, you’re going to have no clue the place or what to search for within the job market. The great thing is that you’re not on your own. There are a few other people in the market who are jobless such as you. Discovering a job even in a commercial center may also be simple if you already know where to begin. Before you start your job searching procedure, listed here are tips that can assist you in finding your dream job.
1. Job Facilities
Job corporations are a fantastic and recurrently overpassed hots pot for locating Jobs. Job firms regularly supply crucial training, assets, and programs for task seekers. Those companies will also be particularly useful for younger job seekers or the ones with little working enjoy. A easy Internet test for job firms for your areashould discover where and find out how to get to them.
2. Temporal agencies
Many firms choose to have their positions dispatched by temporal agencies. The tip purpose for that may be to save money on representative advantages like healthcare. Temporally agencies likewise supply firms the way in which of screening applicants. Employment products and services can often be a faster and less daunting job than finding direct employment. An employment company might likewise turn out to be into a long-lasting activity for the people who carry out smartly right through their working.
3. Free job look products and services
It is a waste of cash when cash is now tight within the first place. Of course, the cash you pay for job searching sites is imposed deductible in case you are on a job. It’s smarter to make use of the cash to pay for expenses.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.