Hiring Organization / Company: Sheffield United Fc
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a full time Retail Assistant to come and join our team within the Meadowhall SUFC store. As a Club we pride ourselves on delivering a great customer experience and want someone who will deliver an excellent level of customer service and take the time to develop a strong knowledge of our products.
- Assisting customers in making purchases of retail merchandise and to deal with all enquiries and correspondence in a polite and effective manner.
- Encourage upselling and increase productivity within store.
- Working together with the wider retail team to maximise retail sales and profitability.
- Cash handling, cash register operation and responsible for balancing daily takings.
- Banking and money safety procedures.
- The receipt and dispatch of goods where appropriate.
- Maintaining excellent customer service.
- Maintaining a high level of security with regards to the retail stock and cash, following store policies set by SUFC.
- Communicate effectively with colleagues and contribute to an effective retail team ethic.
- Administration duties including filing, the organisation of literature, sorting any post received.
- Dealing with external customers on the phone or via email.
- Replying to customer e-mails in a timely manner.
- Creating and maintaining attractive and appealing displays of stock.
- Ensuring the cleanliness of all retail areas, including the stockroom areas.
- Assisting in the checking of stock and goods in and out where applicable.
- Carrying out stocktaking duties when applicable.
- Dealing with internet orders and queries when required.
- Key holder responsibilities, the opening and closing of the store where required.
Please note that the successful candidate will need the flexibility to work over a 7-day period as per the operational needs of the store.
Essential Criteria for the role:
- Prior experience working in a fast-paced customer service environment.
- Prior experience of working as part of a team.
- Honest and Trustworthy.
- Reliable and Punctual.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good interpersonal and team working skills.
- Basic Maths skills.
- Basic English skills.
Desirable Criteria for the role:
- Experience of printing/using a printing machine would be advantageous, but full training will be provided.
To apply for this opportunity with Sheffield United Football Club, please head over to the Vacancies page on our Club website which will provide further instruction with regards to downloading the application form: https://www.sufc.co.uk/vacancies/.
Closing date for applications is Friday 24th September 2021.
Please note that in the instance of high volumes of applications we may close this vacancy earlier than the closing date noted above.
Eligibility for Employment in the UK
In accordance with current legislative requirements the successful applicant must produce documentary verification of their eligibility to work in the UK and will not be allowed to start work until this has been received.
Equality and Diversity
Sheffield United FC is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment and its employment policies for recruitment, selection, training, development and promotion are designed to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, ethnic and national origin, disability or gender reassignment.
Sheffield United FC is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk. The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate safeguarding checks as well as providing proof of right to work in the UK. For further information on the Club’s Safeguarding Statement please access the following link: https://www.sufc.co.uk/club/policies/safeguarding-policy
Reference ID: BL092021-RAFT
Contract length: 12 months
Application deadline: 24/09/2021
Expected start date: 25/10/2021
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: £17,374.50 per year
- Company pension
- Sick pay
- Store discounts
Job Location Information:
Location: Sheffield S9
Date Posted: 2021-09-15
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you are not kidding about looking for Jobs, you are going to agree that it is likely one of the hardest jobs these days. Most often, you will have no clue where or what to search for in the job market. The good thing is that you are not alone. There are a few other folks out there who are jobless such as you. Discovering a job even in a business center will also be simple if the place to begin. Before you begin your job searching procedure, listed below are tips that can assist you find your dream job.
1. Job Facilities
Job corporations are an out of this world and repeatedly lost sight of hots pot for finding Jobs. Job firms recurrently provide crucial training, property, and techniques for task seekers. These firms can be particularly useful for young job seekers or those with little operating experience. A easy Web scan for job firms in your areamust discover where and how you can get to them.
2. Temporal companies
Many companies select to have their positions dispatched by temporal agencies. The end purpose for that may be to save money on consultant advantages like healthcare. Temporally companies likewise supply firms the way in which of screening applicants. Employment services can frequently be a faster and no more daunting job than finding direct employment. An employment company may likewise become into a long-lasting task for the people who carry out neatly all over their running.
3. Free job look services and products
It is a waste of money while money is now tight in the first place. In fact, the cash you pay for job searching websites is imposed deductible in case you are on a job. It is smarter to make use of the cash to pay for bills.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.