Hiring Organization / Company: Magnox Ltd
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
Magnox is an exciting place to be, and this role is the perfect opportunity for you to be part of our challenging mission - to safely and successfully manage the UK’s civil nuclear legacy on behalf of the nation. To deliver our commitment, we need people like you who want to perform at an industry leading standard and be part of a team that continues to develop, innovate and even exceed our greatest achievements.
At Magnox, we understand, and acknowledge the value of an inclusive working environment, and celebrate the diversity this brings to our workplace. Without this approach, we wouldn’t be in the position that we are now, being able to safeguard and secure the future of our organisation.
Hear from the Hiring Manager…
“A Radiation Monitoring Person provides radiological monitoring services at the work face within the nuclear industry to protect people, plant and the environment from the adverse effects of ionising radiation and contamination.
Radiation Monitoring Persons use specialist instruments to carry out radiological protection monitoring for people, by taking readings of surface and airborne contamination levels and radiation dose rates, recording the readings detected and responding accordingly.
These training vacancies provide an excellent opportunity to be part of the decommissioning of Chapelcross site, now and into the future. I am looking for 3 candidates who are eager to learn and develop.”
On completion of a 6 month training period (classroom and in the work place), the role of a Radiation Monitoring Persons includes:
- Radiological protection monitoring and related tasks
- Establishing radiological controlled areas including temporary areas prior to the commencement of work, including the setting up of radiological protection equipment.
- Performing radiological survey and decontamination activities in support of work being carried out under control documents
- Issuing compelling advice to the person in charge of a work party that work must stop due to the radiological conditions.
- Servicing of controlled area change rooms, sub-change rooms and temporary sub-change barriers and areas.
- Simple first line radiological investigations under the guidance of an accredited health physicist.
- Wearing of personal protective equipment including respiratory protective equipment.
- Working with radioactive materials, including sealed and unsealed radioactive sources and in areas with elevated radiation dose rates and elevated levels of radioactive contamination.
Qualifications and Experience
- 4-5 GCSEs, A*- C, (or equivalent) must include Maths, English and Physics
- Must be able to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team and on their own.
- High levels of attention to detail, integrity, able to follow instructions and challenge behaviors when required.
Salary & Benefits:
- Competitive salary with access to performance linked pay progression
- 4 day working week (full-time hours)
- 25 days (equivalent) annual leave - option to buy or sell up to 5 days each year
- Participation in Company Bonus Scheme
- Up to 13.5% employer pension contribution depending on individual contribution amount
- Access to training and development through the company performance management arrangements, supporting you in maintaining your personal Continuous Professional Development
Please be aware this role holder requires SC clearance, or the ability to obtain said clearance
We value the unique differences that each of our colleagues bring to work every day and are committed to creating an environment where everyone feels respected, included, and able to perform at their best.
At Magnox we are committed to creating a workplace that is diverse and inclusive, and we therefore particularly welcome applications from women, BAME, LGBT+ and disabled candidates.
We are happy to talk flexible working where possible.
Reference ID: CHX03187
Application Deadline: 13/05/2021
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Bike to work scheme
- Company pension
- On-site parking
Job Location Information:
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you’re not kidding approximately searching for Jobs, you will agree that it is likely one of the hardest jobs at the moment. In most cases, you’ll don’t have any clue where or what to search for within the job market. The good thing is that you’re not by yourself. There are a few folks in the market who are jobless like you. Finding a job even in a industrial center may also be simple if you realize where to start. Before you begin your job looking procedure, listed here are pointers that will help you in finding your dream job.
1. Job Facilities
Job corporations are an improbable and frequently overlooked hots pot for locating Jobs. Job firms commonly supply important training, belongings, and methods for job seekers. Those corporations may also be specifically useful for younger job seekers or those with little working revel in. A easy Internet experiment for job firms for your areamust discover the place and the best way to get to them.
2. Temporal agencies
Many companies select to have their positions dispatched via temporal agencies. The top goal for that is to save cash on consultant benefits like healthcare. Temporally businesses likewise give companies the way in which of screening candidates. Employment services and products can regularly be a sooner and no more daunting job than discovering direct employment. An employment company may likewise turn out to be into an enduring process for the people who perform neatly throughout their operating.
3. Free job look services and products
This is a waste of money while cash is now tight within the first place. Of course, the cash you pay for job finding websites is imposed deductible if you are on a job. It is smarter to use the money to pay for bills.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.