Hiring Organization / Company: Tradeprint
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
Innovative, Creative and Progressive, not words you would normally associate with a historic industry like print but we like to do things a little differently at Tradeprint and we hope you do too!
We are a technology-led, trade printer based in Dundee, UK. As part of the Cimpress group, the largest print manufacturer in the world, we are leading the way in mass customisation. Using Ecommerce as our primary route to market, we’re here to change the print world, and you can help us!
With exciting plans for fast growth, we are always looking to add more dedicated, passionate and dynamic people to our remarkable team. To achieve our ambitious goals, we empower our people and they drive the business forward with creativity, enthusiasm and a fierce determination to delight our customers.
In return, we offer:
- Competitive salaries
- A benefits package including a health cash plan
- Opportunities for development and progression
- Fun perks including birthday treats, anniversary awards and social events
About the Role:
As a press assistant, your duties are varied and will include the below. Some of these duties will involve a rota which will be drawn up separately. These tasks are not in any order and will vary as required.
Typical Key Tasks & Responsibilities:
1. With the help of the press operator identify tile-ups that are to be printed.
2. Bend plates (1 at a time), and store alongside the press, always ensure plates are handled with care. Scratching plates causes re-prints!
3. Always use gloves when handling plates, plates have sharp edges wearing gloves will prevent cuts.
4. Load plates with care, ensuring the correct plate is loaded into the correct unit
5. Dispose of used plates in metal cages provided, ensure these used plates do not protrude beyond the edge of the cage.
6. Communicate with press operator, ensure paper is prepared for current job and next 2 jobs, leave paper wrapped until needed
7. Paper is best stored wrapped, without climate or humidity control paper left unwrapped can distort.
8. Remove printed pallets to the correct area, ensuring there is an identifying sign and tile-up sheet on top. The signs must be dated and timed.
9. Change ink barrels when lights flash above pumping station. Ensure you leave all tools in cabinet, the inner lining is removed and put into the outside skip, and the used drum stored outside.
10. Keep the ink station tidy, a rota has been produced to schedule maintenance. Do not leave obstacles in front of the fire escape.
11. Keep the press free from hazards; lay pallets flat, look for obstruction, put tools and consumables away.
12. Assist printer with end of shift clean and weekly maintenance.
13. Remove consumables to correct areas, do not leave consumables out of stored areas.
14. Fill up areas with chemicals as required; Water; blanketwash; IPA; Fount. DO NOT MIX, ask if unsure, return to store after use.
15. Clean presses as per the schedule and for your defined area.
16. General housekeeping: Ensure pallets are returned to their correct position and are not stored higher than waist high, consumables are in the correct areas, and an end of shift clean is performed.
· Sweep around the press
· Empty bins at press
· Return plate boxes to plateroom
· Leave plates bent for next shift
This role offers a great opportunity to grow and develop as the company achieves its ambitious goals. If you feel that you would thrive within our fun, fast-paced, dynamic environment, this could be the role for you!
The ideal candidate for this position will have experience in a similar role and have:
- An enthusiastic approach
- Fantastic communication skills
- The ability to stay calm under pressure
- A desire to be efficient and resolve issues quickly and thoroughly
It would be great if the successful candidate had experience in the following areas:
- Experience in the print industry would be advantageous
This role is a permanent full-time role, based in our Dundee factory. In this role, you will work 40 hours a week, in a range of shift patterns between 10pm Sunday, and 10pm Friday.
If this sounds like an environment in which you could flourish, please get in touch. To apply, please send a CV and a brief cover letter.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £9,609.60-£18,532.80 per year
- Bonus scheme
- Bike to work scheme
- Company events
- Company pension
- Employee discount
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Private dental insurance
- Private medical insurance
- Sick pay
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
Job Location Information:
Location: Dundee Dd2
Date Posted: 2021-09-15
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you’re not kidding approximately searching for Jobs, you are going to agree that it is among the toughest jobs at the present time. Typically, you will have no clue the place or what to look for in the job market. The good factor is that you are not by yourself. There are several people available in the market who are jobless like you. Discovering a job even in a commercial center will also be simple if you already know where to start out. Before you start your job looking procedure, here are guidelines to help you find your dream job.
1. Job Facilities
Job corporations are an improbable and frequently lost sight of hots pot for locating Jobs. Job firms frequently provide vital training, assets, and methods for process seekers. These corporations may also be specifically useful for young job seekers or those with little working experience. A simple Web scan for job firms on your areamust uncover the place and how to get to them.
2. Temporal agencies
Many firms select to have their positions dispatched via temporal companies. The tip objective for that may be to economize on consultant advantages like healthcare. Temporally businesses likewise provide firms the best way of screening applicants. Employment products and services can repeatedly be a sooner and not more daunting job than finding direct employment. An employment company may likewise turn out to be into a long-lasting process for the individuals who carry out smartly throughout their working.
3. Free job look services
It is a waste of cash while money is now tight in the first place. After all, the money you pay for job finding sites is imposed deductible if you’re on a job. It is smarter to use the cash to pay for bills.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.