Hiring Organization / Company: Look Ahead Housing And Care
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
Recruiting for a Finance Officer to join our Head Office in Westminster!
GBP 25,000 per annum, working 35 hours per week, plus 25 days Annual Leave, Pension schemes, Staff discounts, healthcare and more. This is a 7 months Fixed Term Contract.
The Finance Officer will be a key member of the Finance Transactions Team and will undertake a varied and interesting range of Purchase ledger tasks.
Activities include processing invoices, preparing and running BACS payments, reconciling supplier statements, investigating bank transactions and posting journals to accurately recognise expenditure incurred.
- Process invoices onto the system, ensuring transactions are accurately recorded and authorised as per current Standing Orders
- Prepare manual payments as per the required format for processing
- Prepare and post journal entries to accurately recognise invoice and expenses expenditure
- Prepare data for the weekly BACS and cheque run
- Prepare petty cash reimbursements
- Prepare Purchasing card application forms
- Monitor the Purchase ledger mailbox, ensuring that queries and arising actions are dealt with, and invoices are registered on the system in a timely manner
- Perform regular reconciliation of supplier statements
- Deal with queries relating to purchase ledger transactions in a timely manner
- Provide guidance and training on Purchase ledger processes to business colleagues
- Run month end reports and extract information as necessary.
- Work flexibly and co-operatively as part of the team and the Finance Department
This is not an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that may be required from time to time and is subject to change in accordance with the needs of Look Ahead
- Enjoys social interaction and the company of others, joins in local activities to encourage service-user involvement
- Approachable and open behaviour
- Prefers working as part of a group or team
- Is fundamentally calm and resilient, does not let emotion adversely affect them or obscure their judgement
- Has a practical and logical mind and is naturally well organised
- Thrives on change and enjoys dynamic diverse environments
- Is confident with high levels of self-esteem
- Is respectful, articulate and sensitive in style of communication
- Is essentially customer–focused
- Is motivated towards excellence and improvement of personal performance with a can do attitude
- Ability to cope positively with challenging and diverse behaviours
- Is numerate and confident with figures
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to manage their own workload
- Experience of working in accounts payable
- Experience of posting journals and working with a general ledger system
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to cope under pressure
- Excellent IT & communication skills
- Experience of balance sheet reconciliations
If your application for this role is unsuccessful, but we feel that you would be suitable for another role, we may contact you to discuss alternative opportunities. If this occurs you would not need to submit another application for the alternative role.
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we are able to appoint to the vacancy before the advertised closed date.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion at work and are accredited with the Inclusive Employers Standard 2020. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds.
Job Location Information:
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you’re not kidding approximately on the lookout for Jobs, you will agree that it is among the hardest jobs nowadays. Generally, you’re going to have no clue the place or what to search for in the job market. The great factor is that you’re not on your own. There are a couple of folks in the market who are jobless such as you. Discovering a job even in a industrial center may also be simple if where to start. Before you start your job looking procedure, listed below are tips to help you find your dream job.
1. Job Centers
Job companies are an improbable and recurrently overpassed hots pot for finding Jobs. Job firms frequently provide important coaching, assets, and programs for process seekers. Those companies may also be particularly useful for younger job seekers or the ones with little working revel in. A simple Internet test for job firms on your areaought to uncover where and tips on how to get to them.
2. Temporal agencies
Many companies make a choice to have their positions dispatched through temporal companies. The top objective for that is to economize on representative advantages like healthcare. Temporally agencies likewise provide corporations the way of screening applicants. Employment services can usually be a quicker and no more daunting job than finding direct employment. An employment company may likewise turn out to be into a long lasting job for the individuals who perform well during their working.
3. Free job look services
It is a waste of money when cash is now tight within the first place. In fact, the money you pay for job searching web sites is imposed deductible if you’re on a job. It’s smarter to make use of the money to pay for expenses.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.