Hiring Organization / Company: Sodexo
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
- To deliver a high-quality customer journey to all stakeholders such as University clients, students, Sub-contractors and visitors through the provision of excellent customer service.
- To support our client in delivering sector leading accommodation services, and to support in growing and developing the reputation of Northumbria University locally and globally
- To support the wider Sodexo team as required in line with our corporate values of Service Spirit, Team Spirit and Spirit of Progress
- To deliver our award-winning Residency Living Program ensuring students are supported throughout their stay in Sodexo managed accommodation
- Contribute to the development of a collaborative and inclusive culture, by sharing information and good practice with others
- Work collaboratively and maintain effective relationships with others, internally and externally to Sodexo, as appropriate to own area of responsibility
- Services are delivered in a courteous, friendly, customer focused and professional manner, maximising the student journey experience of existing and prospective residents
- To provide a welcoming reception and administration service to staff, students, guests, contractors and visitors, including but not limited to;
- Handling enquiries via telephone, email, social media, and computer aided facilities management platforms and face to face.
- Issue and control of resident, contractor and staff keys
- Provision of a post room service, including the delivery of post and/or parcel notifications to residents using supplied technology
- Input maintenance requests into an electronic CAFM system following relevant guidelines, training and policies following up with a customer satisfaction survey
- To provide an accommodation based administrative service to include, but not limited to;
- To apply charges to Student accounts
- Allocation of rooms to commercial guests and students in accordance with client guidelines, procedures and quotas
- Support in the delivery of customer viewings on an as required basis as well as during open days to support our client and maximise occupancy across the accommodation estate
- Liaise with Northumbria University Accommodation Office with regards to student applications, arrivals, course withdrawals and other matters as required.
- To assist in all commercial business activity
- Promote returner campaigns on behalf of the University to drive retention rates
- Ensure accurate information is available at all times to other staff throughout the accommodation estate.
- To support the completion of flat and room inspections, end of tenancy departure checks, pre arrival room and flat checks using our Inventory Hive software
- To provide emergency response for buildings during office hours, and whilst extremely rare, this may require out of hours support in extreme emergencies
- To support the cleaning operations on site as directed by the cleaning supervisor
- To take pride and ownership in the presentation of their sites. Respond positively to feedback by proactively reviewing processes, procedures, and practices to ensure that the needs and expectations of relevant stakeholders are met
- Support the Senior Management Team to deliver efficient services across the accommodation
- Adhere to all relevant Health and Safety Policies, challenge any unsafe behaviour and report any dangers, near misses or hazards you encounter to the Accommodation Manager
- Take ownership and accountability for your own personal development and performance
- Continually develop, innovate, and challenge the status quo to regularly renew our services in line with our student demographics expectations.
- Create and deliver an events program in line with the Residency Living objectives that will support residents and engage with students to promote a quality of life experience. Including but not limited to communication via multiple platforms, creation of newsletters and wellbeing initiatives
- Drive engagement in collecting data from surveys, focus groups and student conversations to promote continual improvement
- Be a passionate advocate of our Corporate Social Responsibility Agenda and promote social value through the day to day operations
- Support in quantifying the impact and work delivered daily to ensure all data and information is available and correct
The Ideal Candidate
- The ideal candidate must possess the following skills;
- Ability to prioritise own workload with minimal supervision and use of own initiative
- Ability to work quickly and calmly, especially under pressure and in emergency situations
- Experience of Data Protection, and handling sensitive issues in an appropriate manner
- Be a team worker with a flexible approach, to include the ability to request and offer support to other team members as required, including liaison with line manager
- Have excellent IT skills
- Possess good communication skills, both verbal and written, including accurate spelling and grammar and the ability to give explanations clearly
- Be self-motivated
- Have an excellent understanding of delivering a positive customer experience which may include managing complaints and dealing with sensitive situations
- Experience of working with, and the ability to empathise with people from a diverse range of backgrounds, cultures and religions
- Have experience in computerised accounting
- Take responsibility for their own learning and development
- Have excellent note taking skills
- Experience of using databases, spread sheets, social media and other computer based applications including Microsoft Office
- Flexible attitude to working on a rota basis across a 7 day operation, in addition a willingness to work overtime as and when business needs direct
- Essential Qualifications
- Educated to a minimum of GCSE Grade C (or equivalent) in Maths and English
- Training in IT packages and keyboard skills
- Desirable Qualifications and Experience
- Evidence of delivering innovation and engaging positively with continuous change and improvement
- Experience of working with specialist systems such as;
- RMS and Mercury Accommodation Management Systems
- IBM Global Maximo CAFM system
40 hours per week working 5 over 7 days on a rota basis
£10.10 per hour
Job Location Information:
City: Newcastle Upon Tyne
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne
Date Posted: 2021-07-22
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you’re not kidding approximately on the lookout for Jobs, you’ll agree that it is likely one of the toughest jobs this present day. Usually, you’ll don’t have any clue the place or what to look for in the job market. The good factor is that you are not by yourself. There are a number of other folks available in the market who are jobless like you. Finding a job even in a commercial center will also be simple if you realize the place to start. Before you start your job searching procedure, listed below are guidelines to help you in finding your dream job.
1. Job Facilities
Job firms are an incredible and repeatedly overpassed hots pot for finding Jobs. Job firms usually supply essential training, property, and programs for task seekers. Those firms can be particularly helpful for young job seekers or the ones with little running revel in. A easy Internet experiment for job firms on your areamust uncover where and tips on how to get to them.
2. Temporal companies
Many corporations select to have their positions dispatched by temporal companies. The tip objective for that is to save cash on representative advantages like healthcare. Temporally companies likewise give firms the way in which of screening applicants. Employment services and products can regularly be a sooner and not more daunting job than discovering direct employment. An employment company may likewise become into an enduring task for the individuals who perform smartly all through their running.
3. Free job look services
It is a waste of money while cash is now tight within the first place. In fact, the money you pay for job searching sites is imposed deductible in case you are on a job. It’s smarter to make use of the money to pay for bills.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.